Monday, July 5, 2010

I just don't understand...again

When I was younger I remember making a comment about "hating" something, probably sweet pickles or something silly like that, and my Grandpa Tony saying "WOW, you don't like them that much that you HATE them, because HATE is a pretty strong word. 

This has since impacted me significantly, in fact I find myself saying the same to my kids...

Dictionary.com defines 'dislike' as "to regard with displeasure, antipathy, or aversion" and 'HATE' as 'to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward".

There are many things I 'dislike'...hose in the summer, drivers who don't use their turn signals, yard work...but I honestly cannot think of anything or anyone that I can say I HATE.

I do believe that I am the object of some one's HATE...and this truly scares me because I cannot believe the capacity at which this person HATES me...and to think that at one time this person said the total opposite.

For those of you who know me...or those of you just starting to, you will find that I tend to wear 'rose colored glasses' and constantly try to look on the bright side and numerous other optimistic cliches.  But there is one situation where the only positive...the ONLY POSITIVES is that we did make two of the most amazing kids in the world!

I just cannot understand his capacity for HATE me and at every opportunity insult, belittle and 'fight' with me, and there really is no purpose for it.

There are times when I find myself wishing my kids were 18 so that our interactions wouldn't be necessary, but then I can't get over how quickly my kids have already grown up...I don't want to speed it up anymore...I just wish that we could truly just be civil to one another...I mean seriously it does no good to anyone...

Especially those two amazing kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment